I was fortunate to meet an amazing Christian this past Sunday. At one point in our conversation she said, “I feel that God is calling me to work in missions. I believe I have the experience and I know I have the desire to help show Jesus to people. Can you help me find my way into mission work?”
What a great question for each of us! If you are interested in becoming more engaged in mission work:
1. Start praying that God would open up your heart to lost people
2. Ask people who know you how they think God can best use you
3. Check out our website resource page and start reading. These authors will help develop your mission mindset. I would recommend Doug Lucas’ book, Making Disciples or Steve Corbett and Brian Fikkert’s book, When Helping Hurts, as great first reads. I thought I knew about missions, and these books changed my viewpoint 180 degrees as each page had an “ah ha!” and an “oh no!”
4. Look through our current works page and see if you feel called to make a deeper connection and commitment with any of these works.
5. Send me an email and we will work together!
I am amazed each day to learn how God’s power is transforming lives, families and cultures around the world. Jesus’ words of instruction have never been more relevant …
He said to his disciples, “The harvest is great, but the workers are few. So pray to the Lord who is in charge of the harvest; ask him to send more workers into his fields.”
Let’s get to work!